Saturday, March 2, 2019

Detroit Radio: Craig Fahle Avoids Jail for DUI, Drugs


Craig Fahle, a former WDET 101.9 FMFM radio host and former spokesman for the Detroit Land Bank Authority, has been sentenced to probation and community service for drunk driving and drug possession, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Police officers stopped Fahle Nov. 9 at Somerset and Charlevoix after they saw him speeding behind them and then tailgating their patrol car, the report said.

Fahle failed a field sobriety test and refused a preliminary breath test, according to the Grosse Pointe News. A blood test showed Fahle had a blood alcohol content of .221.

The news site also said when Fahle was being booked, officers found a small baggie in his pocket containing a white powdery substance that tested positive for cocaine.

He was initially charged with operating while intoxicated and felony possession of a controlled substance. But the drug charge was reduced to a misdemeanor in a plea deal, the Grosse Pointe News said. 

Fahle said on his podcast, “I’m sorry. Truly sorry. My world was crumbling around me. I was unable to pay my bills which created problems not only for me, but my family and my friends. I was too arrogant to realize I was in a downward spiral and it all came to a head one bad night in November.”

No comments:

Post a Comment