Monday, August 20, 2018

UPDATE: Shotgun Tom Kelly SiriusXM Start Delayed


UPDATE 8/20/18 3PM:  Tom Kelly's Debut on SiriusXM's 60s on 6 channel has been delayed by one week.  No reason was given.  Start date is now scheduled for August 27, 2018.  Stay tuned.

Original Posting....

This coming Monday, Aug. 20, is the day that “Shotgun” Tom Kelly finally makes his debut on SiriusXM’s Channel 6 – Sixties on Six. Reports indicated Kelly's shift will be 7p to 11p Eastern.

Shotgun Tom Kelly
Shotgun, who has worked at KDEO, KPRI, KGB, KCBQ, KOGO, KBZS and KFMB-FM, replaced the late The Real Don Steele in the afternoon slot at Los Angeles oldies station KRTH-FM, K-Earth 101.

In August 2015, Kelly was taken off the air and became KRTH's "Ambassador," doing personal appearances throughout Southern California. He eventually returned to the air as a weekend host. Kelly exited KRTH in November 2016.

“You know, when I got hired at K-Earth, I thought that would be the last radio station I would ever work at,” Kelly told me. “I mean – how do you get better than that? But that was 20 years ago … at the time, there was no satellite radio. Now I will be heard throughout the United States and Canada! I cannot even begin to explain how exciting this is to me!”

Kelly will be recording the show from studios in San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment