Saturday, June 30, 2018

Detroit Radio: Roaxanne Steele EXITS Country WYCD-FM


Entercom Country WYCD 99.5 FM and midday personality Roxanne Steele have parted ways.

Steele Friday posted the news this week on her blog:
"I'm back from vacation but on a permanent vacation from WYCD.  I'm still having a hard time processing that I no longer wake up and go to a job I absolutely loved.  This is like a bad dream that doesn't seem real even though I've been through this before.  It's like a death of a bad break up, but business is business and it is what it is."
Steele had been with WYCD since 2016 following time with WYCD's Top 40 sister station WDZH.

Previously, she had stints at HotAC WDVD/Detroit, CBS Radio AC WCFS/Chicago and CBS Top 40 Rhythmic WBBM/Chicago.  Steve was a finalist for this year's Academy of Country Music (ACM) Broadcast Awards for Major Market Personality of the Year.

Steele also said on her blog, "I do find it interesting that WYCD made no official announcement that I'm gone.   Even good friends I have in the building at Entercom are still discovering that I'm no longer working at the radio station.  I suppose the empty desk space I worked from is becoming a dead giveaway.  I'm staying in Detroit, and I will bounce back on your radio soon.  For now, I'm taking a break and I'm enjoying my summer vacation on the beach."

No comments:

Post a Comment