Monday, October 9, 2017

Pence Walks After Players Take Knee

Karen Pence photo
President Trump took credit for Vice President Mike Pence leaving the Indianapolis Colts-San Francisco 49ers game after members of the 49ers kneeled during the national anthem.

"I asked @VP Pence to leave stadium if any players kneeled, disrespecting our country. I am proud of him and @SecondLady Karen," Trump tweeted.

Pence tweeted he left the game after seeing about 20 members of the 49ers kneel during the national anthem.


"I left today's Colts game because President Trump and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem. At a time when so many Americans are inspiring our nation with their courage, resolve, and resilience, now, more than ever, we should rally around our Flag and everything that unites us," Pence said in a statement.

"While everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I don't think it's too much to ask NFL players to respect the Flag and our National Anthem. I stand with President Trump, I stand with our soldiers, and I will always stand for our Flag and our National Anthem."

No comments:

Post a Comment