Monday, December 28, 2015

Des Moines Radio: R.I.P. WHO-AM APD Cheryl Pannier

54-year-old Cheryl Pannier died unexpectedly on Christmas Day at her home.

Pannier was Assistant PD at WHO 1040 AM and cohost of the Saturday morning show.

In a statement, iHeart Media Regional Market President Joel McCrea said, "We are all saddened by Cheryl's passing. We will miss her unique sense of humor and her leadership as WHO Radio's assistant program director. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family today."

WHO talk host Simon Conway remembered Pannier with a Facebook posting:
My friend and colleague is no longer alive. For the past five years since I arrived in Iowa, Cheryl has been my friend, my source of advice and a constant joker! She and I have seen each other just about every morning at 6.30 as I informed her that the daily promo for my show was complete and she scheduled it for the day. We always shared a joke and a kind word. I always pointed out how cold it was while she was wearing shorts and telling me I should have Iowa blood by now.... I am still in shock, but I am grateful for the time I got to spend with Cheryl Pannier. 
Rest in Peace my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment