Tuesday, September 9, 2014

NYC Radio: WCBS-FM's Patty Steele Discloses Cancer Fight

Patty Steele
Patty Steele, a member of the WCBS 101.1 FM Shannon In The Morning Show, has announced she has breast cancer.

Steele told listeners this morning that she diagnosed in early summer and will begin treatment next week, starting Tuesday.  The medial treatment will force her to miss 'several weeks' of work, but vowed to return 'with better breasts'.

Steele joined The Scott Shannon in the Morning Show in March. She had been at CCM+E's WOR 710 AM, where she anchored afternoon news.   Steele and Shannon also worked together at WPLJ and WHTZ.

Steele is the second ensemble member to face a medical chellange this year. Joe Nolan suffered a heart attack in late April. He is recovering and has returned to the air at WCBS-FM.

15 comments:

  1. I was so sorry to hear this news this morning. I have been a fan of yours since PLJ and now I'm a CBS listener. I am happy that you are with Scott and Joe again. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You will be missed while you are out. I hope everything is OK and that you will have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard your news this morning, You are a tough dame and will give this your best!!
    I will keep you in my prayers and heart! Pat Collins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Patty,
    Fight the good fight and get well real soon. You'll be in my prayers.
    Rich Hobatuk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in my prayers Patty. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU are in my prayers, god bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep the faith! You are in our prayers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sorry you have to deal with this... I've been there, and I can tell you that even though it isn't fun, once you get through it you'll be stronger and healthy and ready to live a long full life ! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fight like a girl Patty! It's close to home for a lot us. You can beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patty, Wishing you a speedy recovery. I will be listening for your return to CBS FM. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeez. I knew I missed your voice. Another PLJ expat at CBS FM. God speed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about your illness. I am 3 years out after stage 3 breast cancer, you are going to do great! I look forward to listening to you again on 101.1 with Scott. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!! We miss you in the morning hurry back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patty I listen to you guys every morning on the way to work My wife just got over a year long fight with breast cancer and is now cancer free. She's tough and I can tell by listening to you that you are too so hang in there. It can be beaten. Good luck and God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Patty is gorgeous and has an incredible and lively laughter. i listen to the Morning show mostly to hear Patty's voice and laughter!!

    ReplyDelete