Entercom today announced the rebranding of WRNL as Richmond Sports Radio 910 The Fan in Richmond, VA, effective February 4.
The flagship station for the Richmond Flying Squirrels, Virginia Tech football and Virginia Commonwealth University will continue serving Richmond and the surrounding markets with premier sports content and coverage of local and regional teams.
As part of the rebrand, the station will begin simulcasting “The Sports Junkies” from sister station 106.7 The Fan WJFK-FM and will debut a new logo.
Award-winning host Wes McElroy will debut his signature sports commentary on local and regional sports during the afternoon drive from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET.
“I’m ecstatic and honored that Entercom has asked me to be part of their exciting new lineup,” said McElroy. “After a dozen years on air in Virginia, this is home and there’s no other place I’d rather be. I’m equally excited to welcome one of the best sports radio teams ‘The Junkies’ to the Richmond, Virginia area.”
The Sports Junkies, comprised of John Auville, Eric Bickel, Jason Bishop, and John-Paul Flaim, have been a presence in Washington, D.C. sports since its launch in 1996 on 106.7 The Fan.
The new weekday lineup is as follows:
- 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.: “The Sports Junkies”
- 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: “The Dan Patrick Show”
- 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: “The Herd with Colin Cowherd”
- 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Wes McElroy
- 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: “Straight Outta Vegas with RJ Bell and Steve Cofield”
- 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.: “The Odd Couple with Chris Broussard & Rob Parker”
- 10:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.: “The Jason Smith Show”