Monday, September 11, 2023

NBC's Chuck Todd Exits Meet The Press

NBC's Chuck Todd

NBC’s Chuck Todd, a veteran political journalist and D.C. staple, hosted the network’s popular Sunday political news show “Meet the Press” for the final time Sunday, marking the end to a nine-year run in that position.

The Hill reports Todd announced in July that he would be stepping down as host of the news program, a role that he has held since 2014. He will be replaced by chief White House correspondent and co-anchor Kristen Welker, who has been with the network since 2010.

“To say that this has been the honor and privilege of my lifetime is an understatement,” Todd said at the start of Sunday’s broadcast.

“This is simply the pinnacle of political journalism, and something my younger self never imagined. No matter how much of a grind the current political climate is, wearing me down on any given day, I still always have had a ‘pinch me, I can’t believe it’ feeling every time I hear my name introduced as the moderator of the longest-running show in the history of television.”



On his last show, Todd interviewed Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) and California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D).

“Meet the Press” is the longest-running political talk show in television history, and serves as one of the leading platforms for lawmakers and policy makers to discuss ongoing issues.

Welker, who will become the second female and first-ever Black host of the program, made an appearance at the end of Sunday’s broadcast, saying that she is “ready” to take on her new role. 

No comments:

Post a Comment