Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Boston Radio: Fred Toucher Rips Boston Sports Hub Cohosts


WBZ-FM 98.5 The Sports Hub host Fred Toucher called out his radio co-hosts for not keeping contact with him as he’s been out with a health scare, reports The NY Post..

In April, Toucher, the co-host of “Toucher & Rich” on 98.5 the Sports Hub in Boston, announced he would be out from the show indefinitely after undergoing throat surgery.

Over the weekend, Toucher lambasted his co-hosts Jon Wallach and Rich Shertenlieb for not checking in on him while he’s been away.

On Saturday, when Wallach quote-tweeted a tweet from NFL insider Jordan Schultz about the Patriots signing tight end Johnny Lumpkin out of Lafeyette, Toucher responded to it, writing, “Hey good to hear from you! I’m fine thanks for not asking.”

Fred Toucher
“Call me a wimp. But nobody on my show has reached out to me besides [producer Mike Lockhart] I have reached out to Rich and got basically nothing back. Obviously the show is fine without me and I should start planning my future,” Toucher tweeted.

Fred Toucher is away from the radio show after undergoing throat surgery.

In response to a listener, Toucher added, “They don’t need me. Cancer scare and I don’t hear a word for weeks. Then I reach out to them…Nothing back.”

“Toucher and Rich” has been a massive ratings boon for the Sports Hub, accumulating a 23.4 rating in the men’s 25-54 demographic in the fall book, according to the Boston Globe.

Boston radio host Fred Toucher getting throat surgery, says listener ‘saved my life’.

No comments:

Post a Comment