Wednesday, February 8, 2023

NFL Network Has Pulled Michael Irvin, He Denies Wrongdroing


NFL Network has pulled Michael Irvin from its Super Bowl coverage plans following a complaint from a woman Sunday evening in Arizona. The network announced Irvin would not appear on the channel this week, which includes his signature role on the Super Bowl pregame show, reports Outkick.com.

It’s unclear what the woman’s complaint entailed. But Irvin denied the interaction included anything more than a handshake. “We shook hands. Then, I left. … That’s all I know,” Irvin told The Dallas Morning News.  “Sunday night … when I came into the hotel, they asked what I did and I said, ‘I just went straight to the room,’ Irvin added on KLTY 105.3 the Fan in Dallas.

The Hall of Fame receiver could not, however, recall the exact conversation with the woman, saying: “I don’t really recall that conversation, to tell you the truth,” Irvin said. “We were out drinking. It was just a friendly conversation. ‘What’s up?’ I don’t even know. … I am totally perplexed.

Irvin may be done for the week on NFL Network. But he’s still scheduled to guest on ESPN’s “First Take,” a program on which he frequently debates Stephen A. Smith. ESPN has been advertising Irvin’s scheduled appearance on the show Friday. He regularly appeared on “First Take”each Monday during the football season.

No comments:

Post a Comment