Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Rochester NY Radio: WPXY To Launch New Morning Show

Moose

Audacy announces a new morning show on 98 PXY (WPXY-FM) in Rochester. The station will welcome back Phil "Moose" Musumeci and pair him alongside current morning show co-host Brianna “Breezy” Sloth. 

“PXY Mornings with Moose and Breezy” will air weekdays from 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. ET, beginning January 3, 2023.

“Moose was such an audience favorite on 98 PXY from 2002 to 2011 that we jumped at the chance to bring him back when the opportunity arose,” said Sue Munn, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Audacy Rochester. “His energy and wit will be the perfect complement for Breezy on our new morning show.”

“I have always been told to never forget where you come from,” said Musumeci. “As I have grown older, I realized it’s what has kept me grounded and in touch with reality after all these years. I have always been proud to call Rochester my home. It's a city that’s helped mold me into the person I am today and I am beyond grateful I had an opportunity to have a voice in the community. It’s been an amazing journey thus far and I am excited for the chance to come home and be able to host mornings on 98 PXY, a radio station I not only love but grew up listening to since I was a child.”

Moose was born and raised in Rochester, NY where he started his radio career with an internship at the age of 18 with 98 PXY. Moose was producer and third mic on the show for close to a decade before moving to Los Angeles to pursue his writing and acting career where he produced, wrote and starred in close to thirty TV and film projects in the last twelve years. He will succeed Corey James, who recently announced he is stepping away to pursue other career opportunities.

📻Listeners can tune in to 98 PXY (WPXY-FM) in Rochester on air and nationwide on the Audacy app and website. Listeners can also connect with the station via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment