Friday, June 3, 2022

San Diego Radio: Jim Rome Added At The Mightier 1090


The Jim Rome Show has returned to San Diego and Southern California at its new home XERPS The Mightier 1090 ESPN Radio. The show will air from 12-3 p.m. PT daily.

“You know the saying, “You can never go home again.”? Lie. I’m calling B.S. on that. You can. And I am! And I am hyped beyond belief for the opportunity. The Mightier 1090 ESPN Radio is getting after it on the daily in San Diego and when Bill Hagen and Scott Kaplan asked me if I wanted to be part of this, I asked, “When the hell do we start?!” San Diego is where the Jungle really took hold. It’s where I met my wife. And where I experienced some of the greatest moments of my entire life. There is no better town, no better market and you absolutely CAN go home. And that’s what I plan on doing. And I can’t wait. Let’s do this!” said Jim Rome.

Rome has long been one of the most popular and consistent voices on radio. He began his sports talk radio career in the early 1990s as a weeknight host at San Diego’s all-sports station, XTRA Sports 690, the predecessor to The Mightier 1090. Early on, the show was nicknamed “The Jungle” by Rome and his loyal listeners. The Jungle later moved to middays in San Diego and Southern California and became known as The Jim Rome Show. It was first syndicated in 1996 from XTRA Sports 690.

The Jim Rome Show has been off the air in San Diego since February 2022. Its new home, The Mightier 1090 ESPN Radio, is Southern California’s newest ESPN-Radio affiliated station. It has one of the strongest signals in North America with the ability to reach more than 24 million California residents from Baja to San Diego and up to Orange County, Los Angeles and the Central Coast. The 1090 AM broadcast signal has been active for more than 80 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment