Monday, May 24, 2021

Albany NY Radio: Sports WTMM Teams Dan Bahl With Charlie Voelker

Charlie Voelker and Dan Bahl

Townsquare Media Inc.’s WTMM 104.5 The Team, The Capital Region’s Home for New York Sports, has announced that Charlie Voelker, the former UAlbany Associate Athletic Director of External Affairs and current host of 104.5 The Team’s Sunday Sports Buzz, will step into the afternoon drive co-host role alongside Dan Bahl. 

The new “Voelker and Bahl” afternoon show will debut on Tuesday, June 1st from 3 to 7pm.

“I am extremely excited to entertain Capital Region sports fans on THE TEAM every afternoon. It is an amazing opportunity to join Dan talking sports and all that implies!” said Voelker. “I want to congratulate my friend Levack on his new opportunity and I’ll fill those shoes proudly.”

“I have loved working with Jeff both on and off-air,” said WTMM Brand Manager Dan Bahl. “I am very excited to have Charlie join me on the afternoon show and look forward to us providing local sports fans with entertaining content on-air and online.”

“We are thrilled to expand Charlie’s role by joining Dan in afternoon drive and providing the Capital Region with the best live and local sports talk content across our integrated on-air and digital platform,” added Townsquare Albany Market President Kevin Rich. “I am ecstatic for Levack that he can pursue an exciting new opportunity while also still being a part of what we do at 104.5 the Team.”

Levack will be departing the afternoon show to take on a  new opportunity as Head of Media Relations for Tech East Fire and Water Restoration. Levack will remain with WTMM for special on-air and online projects. His last day as full-time afternoon drive host will be Friday, May 28th with a special live broadcast at the Hideaway in Saratoga Springs.

“After 7 years of living my dream doing sports talk here on 104.5 The Team, I’ve been offered a great opportunity,” said Levack. “While I won’t be on the air every day, I do look forward to continuing my relationship with the Team both on air and in the community.”

104.5 The Team’s local line up also includes “Big Board Sports” with Rodger Wyland weekdays from 10am-1pm and is the broadcast home for Yankees Baseball, Jets Football, UAlbany Athletics, and airs several Regional and National ESPN shows. Townsquare owns and operates six radio stations in Albany including WGNA, WTMM, WQBK, WQBK-HD2, WQSH and WPBZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment