Thursday, May 25, 2017

Twin City Radio: KQRS Adds Jay Philpott For Evenings

Jay Philpott
Cumulus Media has announced that it has appointed Jay Philpott as on-air personality for Classic Rock KQRS 92.5 FM.

Philpott’s new show will air weeknights from 8pm-12 Midnight and will debut on June 12, 2017. Philpott moves to Minneapolis from Cumulus Media-Atlanta’s WNNX-FM/Rock 100.5, where he was Afternoon Drive talent. Philpott is also part of the Classic Rock 24/7 format for Westwood One, and will continue with those network duties.

Scott Jameson, KQRS Program Director and Vice President, Classic Rock, Cumulus Media, said: “We hired Jay for all the right reasons. He’s a great air talent and is passionate about Classic Rock, with a tireless work ethic. However, Jay brings more to the legendary KQRS. He’s quite versatile - evidenced by his work with our Westwood One 24/7 formats – and he’s a social media pro and serves as a local ambassador to the annual Conclave, which is held here in Minneapolis. Openings are very rare at KQRS and I’m stoked to announce Jay Philpott as our new evening personality.”

KQRS 92.5 FM (100 Kw) Red=Local Coverage
Philpott said: “I grew up in Minnesota, and I have been knocking on the door of KQRS since I got my driver’s license in high school! I spent the first seven years of my career in the Twin Cities and now I get to come back to the station I’ve always wanted to work for. I’m gonna miss working with Greg Ausham and Atlanta’s warmer weather and great people, but I’m looking forward to some winter fun, too. Big thanks also to Scott Jameson, Shelly Wilkes, Tom Barnard, Mike McVay and Troy Hanson.”

No comments:

Post a Comment