Monday, October 17, 2016

Rochester Radio: Brother Wease Off Air, In Sick Bay


A popular voice on WAIO 95.1 FM Rochester, NY radio is off the airwaves for the next few weeks. Brother Wease is recovering from vocal cord surgery for a condition that could have ended his career, reports WHAM TV13.

His new daily routine includes blowing bubbles into a cup. What looks like child’s play is actually therapy following vocal cord surgery earlier this month.

"They have nodules and they have polyps. According to Dr. John Ingle this was neither. It was some fancy, scary word,” said Wease.

The growth was removed in the 2 1/2 hour procedure. Wease watched video of it following the surgery.

"You could see him with his little tools, it's crazy. The great big thing he dragged out of here,” he said.

The surgery came with risks. One that could have ended his career.

"Doc I don't want to hear this crap. I'll sign. I don't want to know it. She starts reading me this list of stuff, one was you could lose your whole voice,” said Wease.

The other big fear was whether that growth was cancerous. He got the news Wednesday -- it wasn't.

"I was preparing myself that if it was that I'd get treatment and I wouldn't be on the radio anymore, but whatever be is. That's how it's going to be. I've been lucky, I've been lucky a lot,” said Wease.

Back in 2005, Wease had been diagnosed with nasopharyngeal carcinoma, a rare form of sinus cancer. Wease underwent seven weeks of radiation treatment at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York.

Wease hopes to return to the air on November 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment