Monday, April 13, 2015

John Dickerson To Be New 'Face The Nation' Host

John Dickerson
"Face the Nation" Host Bob Schieffer announced Sunday that CBS News political director John Dickerson will become the new host of "Face the Nation" this summer when he retires.

"Now the obvious question is, who's going to take this seat? I'm happy to say the answer is my friend CBS News political director John Dickerson, who's been on this broadcast 83 times and he sure has the right bloodlines," Schieffer said.

Dickerson's mother, Nancy Dickerson, was the first female correspondent in the CBS News Washington Bureau and was a member of the Washington press corps as an NBC News correspondent when Schieffer first came to Washington in 1969.

"I'm thrilled. I have watched Bob my whole professional life not just as a viewer but as a daily reporter who also covered the Hill. I'm honored to carry on his tradition on Face the Nation, Dickerson said.

Schieffer announced last week that he will retire this summer after hosting "Face the Nation" for 24 years and working at CBS News for 46 years. The show celebrated its 60th anniversary last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment