Wednesday, May 21, 2014

R.I.P.: LA Radio Personality Andy Rush

Andy Rush
Andy Rush, veteran of KNX-FM, KMPC-FM, KCSN, and KSWD 100.3 FM The Sound, died last Saturday of a heart attack, apparently related to a pulmonary embolism.

He was 60, accordingto Don Barrett's LA Radio.

Bryan Simmons, a decades-long friend and former KROI/KROY-Sacramento colleague Bryan Simmons stated,  “Andy worked at KROI and later KROY from 1977 to 78 as the midday and later AM drive host and again from 1980 to 82 with a stop in between as the morning man at KZAP in 1979." “He later worked at KFOG and KRQR-San Francisco, returning to his hometown of Los Angeles to work in Los Angeles. I just cannot believe he’s gone.”

1 comment:

  1. He was my secret friend,always writhe nice E-mails with pictures,stories and nice feeling.
    I'll miss you so much my dear Andy.
    Hugs
    Bernardita,your friend.

    ReplyDelete