Thursday, April 18, 2013

KHTK’s Don Geronimo Slams Rivals

Wednesday’s Don Geronimon show on Sportsradio KHTK 1140 AM began with something Don heard on the Rob, Arnie, and Dawn Show on competing Sacramento, CA station,  Active Rock KRXQ 98 Rock.

Apparently, R-A-D Geronimo heard what he interpreted as making fun of the victims of the Boston Marathon tragedy. Don, infuriated, ripped them a new one, according to the station website.  Geronimo mades numerous phone calls to their request line, only to get a cowardly phone screener who would hang up on him when he would ask to be put on the air.

Geronimo told his listeners he heard his rivals start their Wednesday talking about a "Top-5" list of things they hate about Boston.  

"I can understand you want to be contrarian, I can understand you want to  be a shock jock, I can understand you want people to talk about what you're doing, but what kind of stupid asses are you ... to be making jokes about it ... a random top-five list about what you hate about Boston.  I don't get it ... this is not something -- maybe I'm the one with the problem, that, you know, I'm the one that's the shock jock here doing the shock jock radio show and I don't feel good making jokes about what happened in Boston.  I love Boston and it pisses me off what they're presenting."

TO LISTEN: Click Here.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like RAD won huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the morning ratings SUCKED huh Don? Looks as if you finished off the Rise guys after all.....Phantom was the best thing going on your show. Little Joe? LOL. What a flaming little angry punk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KHTK and Geronimo's addition of Drew and removal of Phantom has to be the biggest radio blunder of all time. Phantom is funny, fast, interesting, low-key. Drew is a doofus who thinks he's supposed to talk like a tough guy. Has no timing or comedy in him. I like little Joe and feel sorry for him stuck on that stinker of a show.

    ReplyDelete