Thursday, March 21, 2013

Baltimore/DC Radio: Country’s Michael J Recovering

Michael J
WPOC Baltimore and WMZQ Washington country air personality Michael J is recovering from a hemicolonectomy performed Wednesday.

As he posted on his station website Wednesday:

Could be 1-a ruptured appendix, 2-could be Crohn's disease or 3- could be cancer.
Obviously, this is the first time in my life, I've ever hoped for an appendicitis. I'm confused because I haven't experienced the symptoms that we hear about that come with appendicitis but apparently it's possible and happens occasionally in men. What I have had is bleeding where I shouldn't be and other irregularities!

Last night Michael J got good news from his doctor and found out about the results of my surgery NO CANCER!

Today, Michael posted good news on Facebook:
I had a congenital birth defect called Meckel's Diverticulum until yesterday. Along with my appendix, (which Doc said was abnomal and scarred), this bleeding tissue was romoved. Happy to report there is a little less 'junk in my trunk tonight'! Thank you so much for you sweet thoughts and prayers over the past several days. Now I can plan to return as soon as I am able to get out of this motorized hospital bed on or about April 15th. 
Remember, this all started with my colonoscopy. Did you call your Dr. to set up yours yet?
Best,Mj
He’s expected to remain in the hospital until April April 15 and if all goes well back-on the radio shortly thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment