Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Howard Stern Voices Support for Bubba


Howard Stern voiced his support for Bubba the Love Sponge on Monday morning, after a caller brought up the Tampa based radio host's current defamation trial, according to examiner.com.

Bubba, who was featured on Howard Stern's secondary Sirius XM channel Howard 101 for years, is being sued by fellow Tampa radio host MJ Schnitt. In addition to calling Schnitt's wife Michelle a "wh**e" on air, MJ claims that Bubba's statements incited his fan club known as "Bubba Army" to harass them in both public and private settings. Stern said that he has been attempting to follow the case, but the crux of the case is still eluding him.

"I have gone online and read about it," said Stern. "But I don’t even understand what I’m reading…It seems like one DJ’s upset because Bubba made fun of him...I didn’t hear the broadcast, but it sounds like a lot of nonsense. It sounds like a free speech issue...Listen: I’m biased towards Bubba. He’s a friend of mine. I like him very much. I don’t know this other DJ, but things can get heated in these radio wars. It’s sort of not a big deal. I think it sounds like the type of thing that on free speech you can get away with and I think Bubba will be OK and I’m hoping Bubba comes out all right. I’m a Bubba guy. So what am I supposed to do?”


No comments:

Post a Comment