Friday, March 18, 2011

Best Wishes To KFI's Bill Handel

UPDATE:

Reportedly, Bill Handel's surgery went "textbook perfect" Friday morning and is said to be resting comfortably.

earlier posting...
KFI/640 AM LA morning talk host Bill Handel told listeners Thursday he will have open heart surgery Friday to replace an aortic valve.

According to a story at ocregister.com, while Handel recovers, his team of Gary Hoffmann, Rich Marotta and Michelle Kube will fill in from 5 to 6 a.m., with Bill Carroll joining from 6 to 9 a.m. Carroll will also continue his daily noon-3 p.m. weekday program.

Handel, 59, seemed to take the news in stride. He made the announcement and then returned to being his cantankerous self. Toward the program's end, he said, "I will not be here the next couple of weeks. Don't wish me luck. Wish the surgeon luck," he said in his sign-off.

"I admit I am not looking forward to it, but it was one more item I can cross off my bucket list," Handel told his team and listeners.

Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment