Thursday, January 13, 2011

Piers Morgan’s Bill O’Reilly Story

Tuesday night TVNewser ventured to the Upper East Side of Manhattan, where Newsweek/Daily Beast editor Tina Brown hosted a party for CNN’s new 9 PM host, Piers Morgan.

In welcoming the guests, Morgan shared a remarkable (if it’s true) story about an encounter he had with Fox News host Bill O’Reilly at a recent New York Knicks game.

Morgan and O’Reilly were in the VIP suite, and having never met the FNC host, Morgan naturally wanted to say hello.

“Obvisouly I marched up, expecting him to shower me with praise about this glorious resurrection of CNN, and he comes up to me and goes, ‘ah, yea, I know you,’” Morgan recalled.

“So I shuffled off meekly,” Morgan said. “Not only is he #1 but he is intimidating, he sort of shooed me away.”

It was Morgan, however, who would get the last laugh a few minutes later, when O’Reilly returned with his teenage daughter:

“He has to walk even more sheepishly to me, and say ‘Ok, my daughter is an ‘America’s Got Talent’ Fan is there any way I can get a picture of you with my daughter?”

To which Morgan replied: “Of course Bill! nothing would give me more pleasure!”

While O’Reilly was snapping photos, Morgan says a security guard in the VIP suite blocked the camera, saying “sir, we need to safeguard the privacy of our celebrities”

Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment