Saturday, April 7, 2018

San Antonio Radio: 'The Hardline' Off Air At KZDC


As of Thursday, “The Hardline with Ari & Chance,” which ran from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a little more than two years on KZDC 1250 AM / 94.5 FM ESPN, has been replaced by two national ESPN shows, according to the San Antonio Express-News.

For the 11 a.m. hour, ESPN’s 9 a.m. show “Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz” was extended, and “The Stephen A Smith Show,” featuring Smith of ESPN TV and radio, now runs from noon to 2 p.m.

Asked what happened, Temkin explained in a Twitter message: “We were sent an email (Wednesday) from our bosses at around 1:30 p.m. ... to meet in the conference room and we were told we were being let go after the show.

“From what David and I were told it was a budget cut. Since they are going national now in our time slot, I’d think they’ll only have one local show for the time being,” he added.

That one show appears to be “The Blitz with Jason & Rob,” starring San Antonio hosts Jason Minnix and Rob Thompson, which airs evenings from 4 to 7 p.m. on KZDC.

On Thursday, Temkin wrote this on Twitter: “We took a lot of risks. We had a lot of fun. We had some high highs and low lows. You taught me a lot about myself. You were a mentor. I’m proud of the show we did. Thank you for taking the journey with me @DavidChancellor.”

“Lost a show, found one of my best friends. As we like to say ‘I’m all set,’” Chancellor, who also is a longtime sportscaster on WOAI-TV, tweeted.

No comments:

Post a Comment