The Infinite Dial Canada, by Edison Research and Triton Digital, is the newest study of consumer behavior and media consumption in the Infinite Dial series and the first to be conducted in Canada. It is modeled after the original Infinite Dial report, which has been conducted yearly in the U.S. since 1998.
Some highlights from the study include:
- Canadian smartphone ownership is at 76% (compared to 82% in the U.S.)
- Smart speaker ownership is at 8% overall, with Google Home taking a larger share than Amazon in Canada
- Nearly half of all Canadians 18+ (49%) are weekly listeners to online audio, with Spotify leading the pack in usage (16%)
- As in the U.S., radio dominates in-car media consumption, with 64% of Canadians saying it is the audio source they use most in their cars
- Monthly podcast listening is 28%, with 61% of Canadians 18+ being familiar with the term
- Canadian podcast listeners listen to an average of five podcasts in the last week