Monday, November 14, 2022

Amazon Prime Music Subs Don’t Like The Latest Changes


Amazon Music recently made some changes to how its Amazon Music Prime subscription tier works. But people aren’t happy with the changes, reports Digital Music News. 

Amazon Music Prime previously offered a limited library of hits as a ‘free’ add-on for those who subscribe to Amazon Music Prime. They could upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited at a discounted fee to access the entire music catalog. Now, Amazon Prime subscribers have access to the full catalog of music with a few caveats.

Those caveats have created quite a buzz online as people complain about the changes. Now music can only be played in shuffle mode–no more choosing individual songs. That’s true even for music that was paid for, according to users. “They claim it’s a bug but the current app I cannot select songs I have paid for or playlists made up of songs I have paid for. It will play on shuffle with ‘similar artists’ added and you are limited to six skips per hour,” one reddit post about the issue reads. 

“My complaint is one morning last week, they added ‘similar songs from ‘Amazon Music Unlimited‘ to ALL of my playlists, including those that ONLY contain music I purchased from Amazon,” another writes.

“Before, they would try to get you to sign up for Amazon music before the playlist started, but not force any of their other music into my list. I talked to support and was told that this was the new ‘advertising.’ I was so pissed I deregistered all of my Amazon devices and gave them away. I won’t spend any more money updating their devices if I don’t get to use them without their BS.”

“My 40 song playlist is shuffled but repeats the same shuffle order no matter what. I only listen in the morning getting ready for the day. So basically it was stuck on the same five songs and that’s it,” comments another person after the changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment