Thursday, October 16, 2014

Phoenix Radio: KFYI Adds Chris Merrill To PM Drive

Chris Merrill
iHeartMedia/Phoenix has announced that Chris Merrill has been named Afternoon Host at N/T KFYI 550 AM.

He starts November 10, 2014.

Merrill will host weekdays from 4-7:00 p.m. Merrill  joins KFYI from KOGO 600 AM in San Diego, where he hosted mornings and will continue to host Merrill At Night.

He will replace host Mike Broomhead, who is moving to KFYI mornings.

KFYI Program Director Neil Larrimore states, “We are beyond thrilled to bring Chris into town! He is an up-and-coming superstar who understands the evolution of talk radio. With Chris joining the team, KFYI is perfectly positioned for much success in 2015 and beyond.”

“Being a part of the legendary KFYI is another dream realized,” said Merrill. “Thank you, Phoenix, for letting me be a part of your City. This is going to be great!”

Vice President of Programming Steve Geofferies adds, “with Mike Broomhead and Chris Merrill anchoring our drive times, KFYI is set up for further success. They are two rising stars of talk radio.”

9 comments:

  1. I enjoy listening to KFYI most of the time! Mr. Merrill can be quite offensive! Today, Mr. Merrill
    talked against Lee Greenwood's song Im PROUD to be an AMERICAN. His statements about this song was offensive to me! Also, your language Mr. Merrill is uncalled for! I will be listening to another station during your on air time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss Chris very much on a San Diego station. His sense of humor and passion about what's going on around us drew me to his show everyday. Hope I can find a podcast so I can still bring him into my home to make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to stop drinking water from Mexico. The guy is failing in Phoenix. I would happily send him back !!

      Delete
  3. Chris is indeed extremely offensive, and totally misses the mark in his attempted "humor".Crude, ignorant, and loud. I realize that I am only offering my personal opinion,but I turn off the radio from 4 - 7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris Merrill is a total jerk!We don't enjoy him or want him, send him back where he comes from.
    Bring back Mike Broomhead please, I speak for many thousands of listeners ! He is crude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have struggled to find a evening drive time talk radio show. Chris Merrill is the worst. Very poorly informed though very opinionated. Suggest he complete high school before accepting a hosting position. 550 would do well to look elsewhere

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe this guy has many listeners. There can't be that many stupid people

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to listen in this time slot but Chris Merrill has turned me off so I have turned him off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't listen to his time slot either...if you think he's a superstar in the making, I think KFYI is
    not listening to their listeners. He's not entertaining, interesting, only offensive. I miss
    Mike Broomhead & I really enjoyed hearing Terry Gilberg recently...I'll tune in again when
    Chris Merrill is gone...

    ReplyDelete