Friday, May 10, 2013

Milwaukee Radio: Adler-Only Show On WLUM

After letting longtime morning DJ Brian Kramp go earlier this week (see original posting, Click Here), WLUM FM 102.1 has detailed its plans for a new morning show it describes as "music-based."

Kramp's "Kramp and Adler" co-host Jon Adler will retain the 5 a.m. - 9 a.m. weekday time slot, which will feature "music and entertainment elements in a fast-paced format," according to a press release from the station. 
FM 102/1 (WLUM-FM) is developing a music-based morning show with Jon Adler. Adler was most recently co-host of the “Kramp and Adler Morning Show” on FM 102/1. The new show will feature music and entertainment elements in a fast-paced format and air weekdays from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. beginning Monday, May 20. 
“Jon Adler’s quick wit and passion for music, comedy, and encyclopedic knowledge of pop culture make him the perfect person for this role,” said Jacent Jackson, FM 102/1 Program Director. 
“I’m excited about continuing with FM 102/1 and this new opportunity. I’m looking forward to hitting up all things entertainment, especially comedy, and everything local in Milwaukee,” said Adler. 
In other programming changes, effective this week “Smells Like the 90s Lunch,” the popular weekday show featuring 90s alternative music, moves to 9:00 a.m. with a new name, “90s at 9.” Michelle continues as host of the show at its new time.
 In a Facebook post Thursday, Adler was more candid about the uncomfortable situation.  
In what has been an interesting, difficult and strange week I'd like to fill you all in on where I'm at and what I'm doing. 
As you've heard FM 102/1 decided to end "The Kramp & Adler Show" and move to a music intensive morning show. 
Let me first say that Brian Kramp has been, is and always will be one of my best and dearest friends. He is also WITHOUT question one of the hardest working people in radio and anything he's ever achieved. If you know him you know his drive, commitment and passion goes into all he does. Working with my friend for the last 7 years has been a dream (one we've both had since UW-Whitewater) and being in radio has been a lifelong dream come true for me. So when the station offered me the position of continuing the show alone I was faced with a VERY personal and professional decision and the most difficult I've EVER had to make. 
Radio is a very strange business and not like any other job. What you say is heard and judged as either good/bad, right/wrong, funny/not but you do it because you love it and someone let's you. In order to continue doing my dream job of radio in the city I LOVE of Milwaukee and support a beautiful family (thank you for everything Kristin Finn Adler) I love even more I'm continuing on with the morning show. Kramp and I always said we'd be completely honest with our listeners and I have no reason to not be hones t with all of you. I have a lot to say in my own odd way and I hope you'll join in and continue listening. I understand and appreciate all of your opinions and feelings about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment