Thursday, February 21, 2013

WCBS-TV Anchor Resigns After Arrest

“I just lost my job today,” Morrison sighed to The NYPost inside a Buffalo Wild Wings saloon in Stamford, as he searched for answers at the bottom of a Bud Light pint. “I could not go on the air again,” lamented Morrison, 44, who was bending his elbow with a very shaky hand.

Rob Morrison, a news anchor for WCBS-TV in New York, said on Wednesday that he had resigned from his job after his weekend arrest on charges of choking his wife during a domestic dispute at their home in Darien, Conn.

According to Marc Santora at nytimes.com, after meeting with WCBS executives on Wednesday, Morrison announced his decision to leave his position, anchoring the morning and noon news programs. His wife, Ashley Morrison, works as a reporter for CBS MoneyWatch.

Morrison’s decision came one day after he was arraigned and charged with strangulation, threatening and disorderly conduct. He was released on bail, but a judge in Connecticut ordered that Mr. Morrison, 44, stay at least 100 yards away from his wife, except at work.
“My family is my first and only priority right now, and I have informed CBS2 management that I need to put all of my time and energy into making sure that I do what’s best for my wife and my son,” Mr. Morrison said in a statement. “I very much appreciate the opportunity that CBS2 has given me, and I thank them for accepting my decision.”

No comments:

Post a Comment