Friday, November 23, 2012

WBGG S.FLA’s Paul Castronovo Gets Fit

Paul Castronovo is an icon in South Florida radio programming, having been on air for more than 20 years.  Now heard daily on Classic Rock WBGG / BIGFt. Lauderale  and on talk WZZR Real Radio 94.3 FM.in Rivera Beach. But that career is rich in opportunities to overindulge, and to be sedentary, which led him to gain weight.

The Sun-Sentinel reports three years ago, he decided to get fit and ended up losing more than 100 pounds. His method? Exercising six days a week and eating well Monday through Friday. As he says, "I don't want to get back to heavy again."

Next month, Castronovo and his radio show co-host, Young Ron, are hosting a series of events as part of their 18th annual food drive.

Q: Why do you keep fit?

A: Now it's become a way of life, and it should have been before. My wife is a breast cancer survivor and was in a horrific car accident. I decided life has a lot of question marks, and I want to see my kids grow up, so at 50 I decided to turn it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment