Saturday, August 3, 2024

Boston Radio: Longtime Country 102.5 Host Is Leaving


A longtime host at WKLB Country 102.5 is leaving the Boston station after more than three decades, as the beloved radio personality said she’s “hanging up my headphones.”

Carolyn Kruse announced on Friday that her final day at the station will be Aug. 28, According to The Boston Herald.

“This is gonna be harder than I thought,” Kruse said on-air. “Alright, so you know how every song has a beginning, a middle and end? Well, today my friends, I’m here to tell you that my radio song is about to fade out.

“But it’s a beautiful and long song filled with high notes I never believed I could reach,” the midday host added. “After an incredible 31 years of playing country music on your radio in Boston, I am hanging up my headphones.”

It was not an easy decision to step away from the radio biz, Kruse emphasized.

“It has been big and loud and filled with dreams that come true,” Kruse added. “The people I’ve worked with, the artists I’ve met, the music I’ve played, the shows I’ve seen, and having you there for all of it makes mine a story of legendary proportions.”

She thanked the loyal listeners from over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment