“What should I listen to?” and “what song comes next?”
"Popular music is created in bite size pieces, one song at a time – but most people need more than four minutes to be truly satisfied," said Jimmy Iovine. "It takes a highly curated, uninterrupted sequence of songs to achieve a fulfilling music experience, where the only song as important as the song you are listening to is the song that comes next.”
"Beats was created so people could hear the music the way the artists intended, but speakers were just the first step," said Luke Wood, President of Beats Electronics. "Beats Music is the final piece in making that vision a reality."
Beats Music features a vast catalog of more than 20 million fully licensed songs from all the major labels, including Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, and Warner Music Group, as well as all independent labels– managed and maintained by a team of music experts with hundreds of years of curatorial expertise.
Led by radio programming vet Julie Pilat, the Beats Music genre lead curation team includes:
- Former Pitchfork Media editor-in-chief Scott Plagenhoef
- Former digital content director at XXL Carl Chery
- Veteran Detroit radio music director Suzy Cole
- Recording Academy music blogger Arjan Writes
- Former Rhino Records A&R Director Mason Williams
- Los Angeles hip-hop radio personality Fuzzy Fantabulous
- Country music writer Ken Tucker
- Former Programmer of L.A.’s hugely successful Latino 96.3, Jerry Pullés
“Beats Music combines the emotion only a human created playlist can give you with the best personalization technology can deliver, ” said Ian Rogers, Beats Music CEO. “With this you get not just the music experience only a talented DJ or music expert can deliver, but also the right one for you right now."