Friday, April 1, 2016

NJ Radio: TJ Lupinsky Joins WOLD-LP For Oldies Show

TJ Lupinsky
In an example of life imitating art, Bradley Beach New Jersey's Oldies TV personality and producer TJ Lubinsky is taking a cue from the Harry Chapin songbook, and will be the new Friday nighttime DJ at Oldies 1079 WOLD-LP in Woodbridge, NJ and streaming live worldwide online at WOLDRADIO.com, playing New Jersey's Greatest Hits of the '50s, '60s, '70s and '80s.

The show launches April 8.

Lubinsky's MY MUSIC fundraising series on public television feature historic musical reunions, interviews and archival specials including hundreds of performers from "Doo Wop 50" to Disco, Folk, Funk, Classic Motown, Rock & Roll, Big Band, Country Pop, ' 50s pop, "60s Pop, Rock and Soul with Peter Noone," "The British Beat with Petula Clark," "The Ed Sullivan specials on PBS," "Burt Bacharach's Best," "Close To You: Remembering The Carpenters,"  "Soul Rewind with Aretha Franklin" and many more.

"I've always adored doing specialty radio shows off and on over the years," says the 44-year old Native New Jersey on-air personality, "It's like a blend of all the good times from my years spinning these tunes at oldies clubs around the Jersey Shore, and on my public television programs. About a year-and a half-ago my father Herman Lubinsky, Jr. was facing his final fight with lung cancer - I had been doing live radio shows for many years - - but I needed to take time off from radio to spend more time with my dad. I remember playing Smokey Robinson & The Miracles "What's So Good About Good-bye" as my last record, thinking it would be a long while before I could find my way back on the radio airwaves and on-line playing "oldies" again.

WOLD-LP 107.9 FM (16-watts)
Lubinsky explains, "When I was ready to come back to radio, it had to be on a station that embraced a matching playlist similar to what I do on my public tv specials, with a heavy emphasis of the music of the mid to late 1950s from the teen idols to the great vocal groups, early and late 60s pop and soul, and rhythmic pop of the 70s and 80s - - and that's when I found the only station left that really could let me do my thing, full creative freedom to play the Big Hits, "B"-sides, album cuts, local hits and forgotten favorites spanning four decades of music Jersey loves. Plus it's going to be live for four hours every week from 8pm -12am every Friday night. On WOLD and especially on WOLDRadio.com, I can finally reach a local and national audience and have the time, free from commercial pressures, to really talk with callers about their memories and the music we love so much."

No comments:

Post a Comment