Thursday, June 30, 2011

Obama Called A 'Dick' On Live TV

Mark Halperin suspended from MSNBC

Morning Joe regular on MSNBC, Mark Halperin summed up his impression of President Obama's press conference yesterday: "I thought he was a dick yesterday."



Glynnis MacNicol at The Business Insider reports, Halperin Realized the comment had actually gone to air and he quickly apologized: "This is not a pro forma apology, it's an absolute apology, heartfelt to the President."

And then at the top of the 8 o'clock hour the entire Morning Joe team spent 5 more minutes apologizing for the gaffe, saying it's never appropriate to call the President a "dick."

Later in the morning, Mark Halperin was suspended indefinitely from MSNBC for his comments about President Obama. MSNBC has issued the following statements:

Mark Halperin’s comments this morning were completely inappropriate and unacceptable. We apologize to the President, The White House and all of our viewers. We strive for a high level of discourse and comments like these have no place on our air. Therefore, Mark will be suspended indefinitely from his role as an analyst.

Statement from Mark Halperin:
I completely agree with everything in MSNBC’s statement about my remark. I believe that the step they are taking in response is totally appropriate. Again, I want to offer a heartfelt and profound apology to the President, to my MSNBC colleagues, and to the viewers. My remark was unacceptable, and I deeply regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment