Tuesday, September 11, 2018

NYC Radio: Joe Benigno Returns To WFAN


Joe Benigno returned to WFAN 660 AM  / 101.9 FM on Monday to co-host the midday show with Evan Roberts, nearly two months after he was placed on leave in the wake of a civil lawsuit that accuses him of sexually harassing a former CBS Radio co-worker.

“The outpouring of support has been off the charts,” Benigno said in the show’s opening, accordin g to Newsday. “Obviously this hasn’t been an easy time for me at all. I can’t comment on any of this, the lawsuit or anything like that. I just want to thank everybody. My wife, who has been behind me the whole time.”



Benigno has been off the air since late July.

He also thanked Entercom, his agent Mark Lepselter, WFAN vice president of programming Mark Chernoff and callers who reached out to him.

“I’ve learned a lot about myself,” Benigno said. “One of the things l learned the most is how lucky I am to be a part of this station, this show.”

Former CBS Radio sales executive Lauren Lockwood, who was fired in July 2017, accused CBS Radio in a lawsuit filed in mid-July 2018 of fostering an environment in which employees drank alcohol while working and said Benigno spoke with her regularly about inappropriate sexual topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment