Thursday, March 10, 2016

Pensacola Radio: Cumulus Promotes Whitaker, Michaels

Chuck Whitaker
Cumulus Media has announced that it has promoted radio programming professional Chuck Whitaker to Operations Manager of its five-station cluster in Pensacola.

Whitaker joined Cumulus Pensacola last year as Program Director of AC-formatted WMEZ-FM after more than 20 years programming radio stations in Augusta, GA, including nine years at Beasley Top 40 WHHD. In addition to his new leadership role as Operations Manager for Cumulus stations Jet 100.7 Classic Hits (WCOA-FM), Magic 106.1 (WRRX-FM), NASH 102.7 (WXBM-FM), News Talk 1370 (WCOA-AM), and Soft Rock 94.1 (WMEZ-FM), Whitaker will retain his duties as Program Director of Soft Rock 94.1 WMEZ.

Concurrently, Cumulus has promoted Terry Michaels, Promotions Manager for Cumulus Pensacola, to Program Director for Jet 100.7 Classic Hits.

Michaels will also serve as afternoon drive personality on Jet 100.7 Classic Hits. He has over 15 years experience in radio, starting as a part-time assistant and working up through the ranks in programming, promotions, and on-air in formats spanning AC to Christian.

Terry Michaels
Davey Willhoit, Vice President/Market Manager for Cumulus Media Pensacola said: “I am pleased to have Chuck at the helm of our operations at Cumulus Pensacola. We have been enjoying nice growth and I know that his experience and management style of coaching and empowering team members will help continue our stations’ growth trajectory.”

Willhoit continued: “We collaborated with Terry to fill in part time on Jet recently and it didn’t take long for us to realize that he is a natural in the Classic Hits format. I am very happy to have him lead programming for Jet. Terry’s focus, drive, and experience as a Promotions Manager is sure to help Jet 100.7 Classic Hits continue to grow.”

Whitaker said: "I am thrilled to be given this amazing opportunity! Many thanks to newly-named Market Manager Davey Willhoit for his faith in me, as well as to Mike McVay and Pete DeSimone. I am truly blessed to be able to do what I love with great people. I’m excited about our direction at Cumulus and I’m eager to help our great team continue to grow in Pensacola.”  

Michaels said: “I've wanted to work for a station like Jet my whole life. It is a hits machine and this music has been a part of me forever. I’m thankful for the opportunity that Chuck Whitaker and Davey Willhoit have given me. I look forward to continuing the good work that those before me have done to launch the new Jet 100.7 in Pensacola!”

No comments:

Post a Comment