Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Springfield MA Radio: John Thomas EXITS iHM

John Thomas
iHeartMedia/Springfield, MA SVP/Programming John Thomas has announced he's resigning his position to focus on his health.

"Over the course of the next several weeks, I'll be transitioning in order to put myself in the best possible position to benefit from the clinical trial that I started a few weeks back," said Thomas via Facebook.

"If you'll be in Nashville for CRS next week, I'll hopefully have a chance to see you, as I'll be traveling through.  To all who have ever prayed for, thought of, or took a moment for me, thank you, as you truly have made a difference in my life."

Thomas joined iHeartMedia/Springfield, MA in October 2015 to oversee Country WRNX 100.9 FM, HotAC WHYN 93.1 FM and Talk WHYN 560 AM.  This is his third round in the fight against his soft-tissue sarcoma cancer that was first diagnosed in 2013.  He encountered tumors again in 2014 and  again last May.

Thomas has been a part of the Country music industry for over 30 years with a long career in radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment