Grammy Winning Albums:
- Album sales for 25 by Adele jumped 232% Sunday night as a result of winning album of the year… 25 had 4,044 sales on Sunday.
- Sturgill Simpson’s album A Sailor’s Guide to Earth had 3,471 sales on Sunday and experienced the biggest uplift in sales among all Grammy winning albums (that had sales < 500 sales) with an uplift of 789%.
- Beyoncé’s Lemonade had the most sales on Sunday out of all the winning albums with 4,373 sales; that was an increase of 297% compared to the previous 6 day average.
- Even though Bruno Mars album 24K Magic did not win a Grammy, his album jumped 206% with 6,728 sales on Sunday. 24K Magic was the 2nd biggest selling album in U.S. on Sunday with 6,728 sales.
- While Maren Morris’ album did not win for Country album of the year, it did experience an uplift of 300% in sales on Sunday with 2,727 sales.
All the Songs performed on the Grammy’s experienced an average increase of 2,363% in song sales on the night of the Grammys compared to the six days leading up to the awards show.
- Maren Morris’ song Once (which she performed with Alicia Keys) had the the overall largest growth in sales of all songs performed; up over 13,477% in sales on Sunday compared to the previous six days. There were just about 5,600 sales for Once on Sunday night compared to a daily average of 41 sales for the previous 6 days.
- William Bell’s Born Under A Bad Sign had the largest percentage growth in sales 23,691%; a unit sales increase of 1,698. The average daily songs sales for Born Under A Bad Sign leading up to the awards show was seven sales.
- Ed Sheeran’s Shape Of You and Bruno Mar’s That’s What I Like were the top two songs that had the largest sales gains on Sunday of all songs performed. Shape Of You had 46,266 sales on Sunday (up 164%) which was an increase of nearly 29,000 sales compared to the previous six days. That’s What I Like had 23,000 sales on Sunday (up 527%) which was an increase of nearly 20,000 sales compared to the previous six days.