Wednesday, February 15, 2017

FLOTUS 'Slut Shaming' NY Times Reporter Comes Forward

Jacob Bernstein
A NYTimes reporter outed himself and apologized Tuesday for saying in a private conversation that Melania Trump was a “hooker.”

“I want to take ownership of a mistake I made. Speaking at a party in what I thought was a personal conversation, I nevertheless made a stupid remark about the first lady,” features writer Jacob Bernstein wrote on Twitter.

“My editors have made it clear my behavior was not in keeping with the standards of the Times, and I agree,” he continued. “My mistake, referring to unfounded rumors, shouldn’t reflect on anyone else and I apologize profusely.”

Bernstein, 38, is the son of legendary Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein and his second wife, the late journalist-turned-Hollywood filmmaker/screenwriter, Nora Ephron.

Bernstein made the comment Sunday during a New York Fashion Week event.





“At a party last night, a Times reporter who does not cover Washington or politics, referred to an unfounded rumor regarding Melania Trump,” the newspaper said in a statement. “The comment was not intended to be public, but it was nonetheless completely inappropriate and should not have occurred. Editors have talked to the reporter in question about the lapse.”

Supermodel Emily Ratajkowski, who was seated next to the reporter during the event, spilled the beans on Twitter.

Melania Trump praised Ratajkowski for defending her.


Eileen Murphy, spokeswoman for the Times, said Tuesday the newspaper would have no further comment. The episode embarrassed the NYT at a time when it is already under steady fire, along with the rest of the mainstream media, for allegedly being unfair and biased against Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment