Thursday, April 3, 2014

NC Radio: Jamz Personality Apologizes For Slur-Filled Tweets

Brian MCLaughlin
Radio personality Brian “B-DAHT” McLaughlin apologized Wednesday to an openly gay Winston-Salem State University student whom he had criticized last week in a string of slur-filled posts on Twitter, according to journalnow.com.

McLaughlin was the public-address announcer for WSSU’s football and basketball games last season and is a morning radio host for Hip Hop WJMH 102.1 FM Jamz in Greensboro.

McLaughlin wrote in the tweets, which appear to have been deleted sometime late Tuesday, that Aaron McCorkle shouldn’t be elected Mr. WSSU because pictures posted online show McCorkle wearing women’s clothing.

“I’d like to publicly express my sincerest apologies to Mr. WSSU Royal Court Candidate, Aaron McCorkle, his family, and his friends, for the offensive and unprofessional tweets that I publicly posted,” McLauglin said in statement released through his publicist, Casey Adams.

“I was wrong and I know my comments hurt not only Aaron, his family and friends, but others as well,” McLaughlin said. “I’d also like to apologize to the Winston Salem State University student body, staff and alumni, the entire LGBT community, and anyone else I offended with my offensive comments.”

Kevin Geary, a spokesman for Entercom Communications Corp., the owner of 102Jamz, said that company officials didn’t approve of McLaughlin’s tweets. Geary declined to comment on McLaughlin’s job status at the station.

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment