Monday, March 31, 2014

Atlanta Radio: The Breakfast Club Launches On Streetz 94.5 FM


Hip-hop station translator W233BF/WSTR HD 3 Streetz 94.5 has dropped Rashan Ali’s Atlanta morning show for the hot syndicated Breakfast Club out of New York City.

Steve Hegwood, the owner of Streetz, informed media blogger Rodney Ho at ajc.com, "The Breakfast Club will fit the station really well,” Hegwood said. “It’s doing really well in Houston, New York and Norfolk.”

The Breakfast Club – DJ Envy, Angela Yee and Charlamagne tha God – began in 2010 and went into syndication nationally last March with a weekend highlights show, then expanded to morning syndication in August. It is now heard on about 20 stations around the country including Seattle, Detroit and Miami. They dub themselves “the world’s most dangerous morning show.”

Rolling Stone recently dubbed Charlamagne, a South Carolina native, as the “self-styled hip-hop Howard Stern.” All three have TV experience. Charlamagne hosts an MTV2 late-night talk show “Charlamagne and Friends.”  DJ Envy hosts MTV2′s “Sucker Free Countdown.” Yee was part of a single season of “The Gossip Game” on VH1.

Rashan
“It’s the nature of the business,” Rashan said in an interview Friday.” I know this feeling all too well. We gave it a run. What I don’t feel like is we failed. We did our very best in the little time we had. I’m grateful for the opportunity to get back into radio. It’s something [the late] Wayne Brown and Steve Hegwood wanted to see come to fruition. I helped it get off the ground. I’m glad I played a part.”

“We are shocked,” she added. “It hurts. Of course. I wouldn’t be human if it didn’t hurt. I tried not to allow myself to fall in love with radio. I was falling in love with it again. Maybe I should stop this pattern!”

Rashan still does some work for 11 Alive and said she has “other stuff brewing.”

Read More Now

W233BF  94.5 FM (250watts) 60dBu Coverage

No comments:

Post a Comment