Brian L. Roberts, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Comcast Corporation, said, “I am exceptionally proud of our performance this past year, and we enter 2018 with significant momentum. In 2017, we achieved strong financial and operational results while also delivering new innovations, experiences and must-see content to people around the world.
"At Cable, our best-in-class products and continued focus on the customer experience drove healthy EBITDA growth balanced with strong customer relationship net additions.
|Brian L. Roberts|
"We are excited to have the Super Bowl on NBC, followed by the 2018 Winter Olympic Games in PyeongChang. The Olympics highlight our strengths and capabilities across Comcast NBCUniversal, as we combine the storytelling of NBC with Comcast technology to create a truly spectacular viewing experience.
"Overall, we feel great about our company and our positioning as we head into the year. Our confidence in the business enables us to announce, with the support of our Board, a 21% increase in our dividend, which is our 10th consecutive annual increase. We also expect to repurchase at least $5 billion of our stock in 2018.”
Full Year 2017 Highlights:
- Consolidated Revenue Increased 5.1%; Net Income Attributable to Comcast Increased 161%; Adjusted EBITDA Increased 6.2%
- Net Cash Provided by Operating Activities was $21.4 Billion; Free Cash Flow was $9.6 Billion
- Earnings per Share Increased 167% to $4.75; On an Adjusted Basis, Earnings per Share Increased 18.4% to $2.06
- Cable Communications Revenue Increased 4.9%; Adjusted EBITDA Increased 5.3%
- Customer Relationships Increased by 770,000; Over 1 Million High-Speed Internet Customer Net Additions for the 12th Consecutive Year
- NBCUniversal Revenue Increased 4.4%; Adjusted EBITDA Increased 14.1%; Excluding the 2016 Rio Olympics, Revenue Increased 10.1%
- Consolidated Revenue Increased 4.2%; Net Income Attributable to Comcast Increased by $12.7 Billion to $15.0 Billion; Adjusted EBITDA of $6.8 Billion was Consistent with the Prior Year
- Net Cash Provided by Operating Activities was $5.4 Billion; Free Cash Flow was $2.0 Billion
- Earnings per Share Increased by $2.69 to $3.17; On an Adjusted Basis, Earnings per Share Increased 8.9% to $0.49
- Cable Communications Revenue Increased 3.4%; Adjusted EBITDA Increased 4.2%
- Customer Relationships Increased by 243,000; High-Speed Internet Customer Net Additions were 350,000; Video Customer Net Losses were 33,000
- NBCUniversal Revenue Increased 3.9%; Adjusted EBITDA Increased 6.4%