Friday, May 8, 2015

Cleveland Radio: Sports Talker Chuck Booms OUT At WKRK

Chuck Booms
Chuck Booms -- the acerbic and homegrown half of the Kiley & Booms morning sports talk show on WKRK 92.3 FM The Fan -- has been fired.

Cleveland.com reports Booms, a stand-up-comic who partnered with Kevin Kiley first on a national sports talk show and in recent years a relentlessly local one, acknowledged the news Thursday after rumors circulated on social media.

"I just want to thank all the great fans of the show, just like with being a stand-up comedian, they're what matter to me the most and I am sad I won't be able to be interacting with them any more," Booms said. "I'm shocked and I am very sad and I am mostly sad for the fans of the show."

Program director Andy Roth The Fan's program director confirms that the station will announce Booms' replacement soon, but Kevin Kiley, his co-host, will keep his job.

No comments:

Post a Comment