Thursday, May 19, 2022

Orlando Radio: Longtime WOMX Host Lands At N/T WDBO

Jay Edwards
Former WOMX Mix 105.1 on-air personality Jay Edwards has announced that he will be joining WDBO 107.3 FM/580 AM as an on-air producer and host. This new position follows Edwards’ two-decade run at Mix 105.1, reports The Orlando Sentinel.

“I’m so excited!” Edwards said about his new position. “It’s something completely different than I’m used to but I’m so excited [to learn] new things and different ways of doing things and a different station. WDBO is coming up on their 100th anniversary in a couple of years [and] to be able to say that you’re a part of that is really cool.”

Edwards was released from his contract at Mix 105.1 in 2021 following more than 20 years on the air. “You’re at one station [for] over two decades and then [you] don’t get your contract renewed,” Edwards recalled, adding that he drove a limo for a few months while he was “trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.”

However, Edwards is more than ready to leave his limo-driving days behind as this new opportunity feels like a homecoming in a way.

“The timing and everything just happened to present itself perfectly with WDBO,” Edwards says.

“The cool thing about it is I have so many friends that used to work with me at my old station that are over there now. It’s like a homecoming. Some of my best friends, and some of the people that gave me my first shot in radio are over there,” he said. “Even though I had never worked for Cox Media Group or anything, it was cool just kind of walking in the building and [see] so many familiar faces.”

No comments:

Post a Comment