Saturday, August 12, 2017

WV Radio: Clint McElroy Retires From WTCR

Clint McElroy
A long-time Huntington, WV radio host retired Friday after more than four decades on the air.

Clint McElroy has been a radio host for 42 years. On Friday, Country WTCR 103.3 in Huntington said ‘good bye’ to McElroy and hosted a retirement party for him.

Fox11 reports he plans to do more work with his three sons whose careers are taking off. They currently host a popular podcast series.

McElroy said he’ll miss all of his co-workers and will miss being a part of his listener’s lives every day.

"The fact that people hear my voice and I’m their friend part of their family and it has always moved me and I think radio will always have that kind of power and I’m certainly going to miss it,” McElroy said.

No comments:

Post a Comment