Thursday, August 10, 2017

Tampa Radio: IRS After Bubba Clem For Back Taxes

Bubba "the Love Sponge" Clem faces another lien for unpaid federal taxes. The lien, issued by the Internal Revenue Service in early July, says the St. Petersburg shock jock owes about $202,600 in taxes, according to tampabay.com.

In late March, the IRS had issued another lien for $31,142 in unpaid taxes.

Reached Wednesday night, Clem told All-Access, "I am in the fight of my life for my career and the financial repercussions have been extremely difficult. I intend to pay every debt I owe including any monies owed to the IRS. The only story better than a fall from grace is the one that shows we can overcome our mistakes, pick ourselves up off the floor, and rise from the ashes. I will continue to do the best terrestrial show in radio to my 7 affiliates. Tomorrow the sun shall rise and I will to continue to provide great content to my loyal fans with it."

Clem's finances have been in the spotlight several times this year. A February lawsuit by Bank of America alleged that Bubba Radio Network, which Clem owns, owed about $75,000 on a defaulted loan.

In June, Clem put his St. Petersburg home on the market for $1.8 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment