Friday, August 11, 2017

Taylor Swift Testifies: Intentional Grope Was 'A Very Long Grab'


“He had a handful of my ass. I know it was him. I thought what he did was despicable”  
“I am not going to allow your my client to make me feel like it is anyway my fault because it isn’t” 
"He had a handful of my ass"  
"I know it was him. I didn't need a photograph. I could have picked him out of a line of a thousand people. I know exactly who did this, this what happened. It happened to me. I know it was him'"
“I’m being blamed for the unfortunate events of his life that are a product of his decisions. Not mine.”  
“Other than grabbing my ass against my will, underneath my skirt, and refusing to let go, he did not otherwise touch me inappropriately”
Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Taylor Swift testified on Thursday she was subjected to a "very long" and "intentional" grope by a Colorado disc jockey who appeared to be drunk during a photo session four years ago.

According to Reuters, the 27-year-old pop star was testifying for the first time for a U.S. District Court jury weighing her accusation that David Mueller grabbed her bare buttocks during a pre-concert fan reception in 2013 against Mueller's assertion that she falsely accused him and then got him fired.

Swift spoke forcefully under questioning by Mueller's attorney, Gabriel McFarland. She said several times, "Your client grabbed my ass," at one point calling it a "devious and sneaky act."

"It was a definite grab ... a very long grab," she said. "It was intentional. He stayed latched onto my bare ass cheek. I felt him grab onto my ass cheek under my skirt."

Mueller, 55, testified on Tuesday that he may have made innocent contact with Swift but denied any inappropriate behavior. Asked if he grabbed her backside, the former disc jockey for Denver radio station KYGO-FM replied, "No, I did not."

Swift spent an hour on the witness stand on Thursday and said it appeared both Mueller and his girlfriend, who stood on the other side of her for the photo, had "had a few cocktails."

The photograph, repeatedly displayed in court, shows the pop star in a black skirt and top, flanked by Mueller and his girlfriend, all three smiling for the camera. Mueller has his right hand concealed behind her rear end, and Swift appears to have shifted her hip slightly away from him.

Asked by McFarland why her bodyguard did not step in when "this big drunk guy" groped her, Swift replied: "No one could have expected this to happen. ... It had never happened before. It was horrifying and shocking."

Eddie Haskell (Denver Post photo)
Meanwhille, The Denver Post is reporting that before former radio host David Mueller is alleged to have groped Taylor Swift, KYGO was looking for another person to join him and his partner Ryan Kliesch, on “Ryno and Jackson,” one of his former bosses testified Thursday in U.S. District Court.

But the pair seemed to be lobbying for someone weak, who would “keep the show ‘Ryno and Jackson and the little lady,'” said Hershel Coomer, former programming manager at at Country KYGO.

Coomer said he presented them with a number of qualified candidates for the job from large radio markets, and they always chose the weakest.

When he flew in Tracy Dixon, a radio personality from San Francisco who is “amazing,” he said, they didn’t want her.

One day they came to his office, visibly excited, and said “We’ve got it. This lady who works at our Starbucks is so funny.”

“I said, that’s awesome, but I’m not going to hire a barista from Starbucks to do a morning show in the 18th biggest market in the country,” Coomer said.

Dixon now has a morning show on KYGO.

Coomer, who goes by his radio name “Eddie Haskell,” denied a story that Mueller told on the stand. In his testimony, Mueller said that on the night he allegedly grabbed Swift’s bottom during a meet-and-greet before the singer’s 2013 show at the Pepsi Center in Denver, Coomer told him that Swift had jumped into his arms and that he had held her by her rear end.

No comments:

Post a Comment