Thursday, May 4, 2017

Kelly Ripa Asks Ryan Seacrest Why He Hasn't Been Engaged

Ryan Seacrest is only three days in as Kelly Ripa’s co-host, but the TV personality is already facing some tough life questions. On the Wednesday, May 3, episode of Live With Kelly and Ryan, Ripa asked Seacrest if he’s been engaged in previous relationships.

“She says it as if… ‘Do you have plans for dinner?’” Seacrest, 42, replied. “No. I’ve never been engaged. I do believe I would…”

According to theknotnews.com, Ripa then pressed him for more, asking: “Have you gotten close?”

The Keeping Up With the Kardashians executive producer nodded yes. “I did get close and I didn’t do it,” he said. “And it was the right move… I love the idea of marriage, because my parents were married for 47 years.”


Seacrest, who runs his own production company, hosts a radio show, and has his own fashion line, is currently dating Shayna Taylor. He told Ripa that his lack of engagement partially stems from fear.

“Honestly? The truth is I have this thing [where] I don’t want to screw it up. A lot of times they get screwed up,” he noted of marriage. Joking, he added, “The longer I wait, the older I’ll be and the closer to death I’ll be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment