Wednesday, November 19, 2014

CBS Sports Radio: Barber Rumbles With Writer

Ex-NY Giants running back Tiki Barber has had a pretty eventful past 48 hours.

On Monday, he called for his former team's head coach Tom Coughlin to be fired.

And, according to awfulannouncing.com,  NY Daily News football writer Gary Myers then called out Barber on Twitter for those comments.  Myers was then invited on to Barber's CBS Sports Radio show to have it out ... and that's exactly what went down.

Here's what was said (via CBSSports.com):

Barber: "I’m tired. At some point, I have to stick up for myself. The personal shots that you take at me are ridiculous, Gary. Ridiculous."

Myers: "First, get your facts correct. I didn’t write anything about you in the Daily News. I just put a couple of mentions on Twitter last night. What I wrote about you in 2006 was not ridiculous. I resent that characterization. ... You’re obviously trying to pick a fight with me. I’m not going to let you do it."

Barber: "No, I’m not picking a fight with you, Gary, because I actually don’t care about you. I just wonder why everything you write is personal.”

There's some history between the two — Myers once called Barber a distraction in a 2006 column.

No comments:

Post a Comment