Monday, July 7, 2014

NYC Radio: Angie Martinez Reportedly Doubles Pay With CCM+E

Angie Martinez
Insiders are buzzing that when popular disc jockey Angie Martinez jumped ship to WWPR 105.1 FM Power 105. 1 two weeks ago, after 15 years at Hot 97, has doubled her pay.

Sources tell Page Six at the NY Post that Clear Channel, which owns Power 105.1, offered Martinez a figure in the “high six figures.” Martinez, who was a co-host of WQHT 97.1 FM Hot 97’s “Afternoon Drive” broadcast with DJ Enuff, will be hosting two four-hour shows in New York and Miami.

She previously told The Breakfast Club her new job opportunity was about growth and new experiences, explaining: "It was time for me to grow and to do things... I’m sure you all know, this company offers so much opportunity for growth. I want to be on in different cities. I want to be able to grow. I want to be able to have new challenges and see new things. I want to know how this studio works. And it was time. I’ve done what I can do in that company. I think my friendships remain."

Martinez's first show is slated to air on the second or third week of July while Cipha Sounds has replaced Angie's slot at Hot 97.

The Post also speculates Hot 97 may pick up comedian Rickey Smiley’s radio show, which is syndicated in 70 markets.

Smiley is considered a protégé of Steve Harvey.

No comments:

Post a Comment