Monday, July 7, 2014

DC Radio: Melony Torres Joins WRQX For Mid-Days/APD/MD

Melony Torres
Cumulus Media has announced that Melony Torres joins WRQX 107.3 FM in Washington, D.C., as Assistant Program Director/Music Director.  

Melony will also be on air weekdays from 10am-2pm. 

The announcement was made this morning, by WRQX Program Director Gillette, who said: “Melony is someone I’ve been trying to hire for more than two years. She’s passionate about music, a gifted student of programming and dynamic & engaging on the air—a true trifecta of talent. With apologies to FLOTUS, I’m sure it won’t be long until she’s the most powerful woman in Washington.”

Torres said: “I'm baaaack! I'm beyond excited for my return to radio and to work alongside Gillette. He is someone I look up to as one of the best programmers in the business. I'd also like to thank John Dickey and Mike McVay for giving me such a great opportunity to further my career with Cumulus in the phenomenal D.C. market.“

Torres began her radio career in Orlando in 2006 at Alternative station WOCL and later did nights down the hall at sister Hot AC WOMX. In 2009, she segued to Tampa as Music Director/nights at WSJT before heading back to Orlando in 2010 as APD/MD/middays at Top 40 WJHM. Most recently, she was at Epic Records as National Director of Rhythm Promotion in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment